Our client is a leader in the international forest products trade, headquartered in Boston, USA. It is a family-owned business and a subsidiary of the Kraft Group of Companies, with interests in sports and entertainment, real estate, paper & packaging, and forest product trading.
The company trades a diverse range of soft commodities across Europe, North America, South America, Middle East, and Asia. They are a dynamic, entrepreneurial company positioned for significant growth over the next 2-3 years.
Working in a small team, the Export Administrator will ensure maximum efficiency is derived from the proprietary order management system, maintaining and updating the system to ensure a constant flow of accurate information, process sales orders, booking containers, and communicating status updates to all external stakeholders.
- Administration review of current processes to determine best practice in line with parent company procedures
- Responsibility for training best practice administration using the company’s proprietary order management system
- Actively assisting in the departments Export administration
- Distributing Purchase Order and Export documentation electronically to customers, suppliers and third parties
- Processing and maintaining the in-house order management systems
- Assisting freight and logistic operations
- Working closely with the Bookings team to ensure all container information is available
- Liaising with all suppliers regarding allocations, ensuring that all loads are booked, and correspondence is filed
- Dealing with all issues relating to shipping line bookings and liaising with forwarding agent and supplier
- Preparing weekly reports for outstanding tonnage bought and sold
- Preparing and sending purchase orders for paper orders within 24 hours of receipt
- Arranging inspections
We are seeking a natural team player who is self-motivated, driven, intuitive, who focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. The ability to prioritise, implement work efficiencies, and communicate effectively will be essential for success in this role.