Reaction Engines is a UK-based company formed in 1989 to design and develop the technologies needed for a new class of innovative hypersonic propulsion system – the Synergetic Air-Breathing Rocket Engine (SABRE™).
They are looking for a pragmatic, self-driven CIPD level 5 HR Advisor to join their small and friendly HR team on a 6 month fixed term basis. To be successful in this role, you will have experience in a generalist HR role, having delivered first-line HR advice to employees on the entire employee lifecycle.
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including but not limited to 30 days annual leave plus public holidays, employer matching company pension scheme and a life assurance scheme.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- First line HR support across the business providing pragmatic and comprehensive HR advice, escalating matters to the Senior HR Advisor/Head of HR where necessary.
- Provide advice and guidance to line managers and employees on employee relations and employment law topics such as maternity; short and long term sickness absence; flexible working requests & probation extensions
- Manage the recruitment process including advertising, arranging interviews, checking right to work documentation and making offers to candidates.
- Manage the induction process and facilitate on-boarding sessions
- Provide advice and support on the disciplinary and grievance process with the assistance of the Senior HR Advisor and ensure managers adhere to the defined timelines and processes.
- Manage the exit process including conducting exit interviews and reporting absence data
- Maintain accurate records on employees’ right to work for audit purposes
- Proactively keep up to date with current legislation and best practice.
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with the current legislation
- Support and contribute to continuous improvement of HR and business processes and initiatives
- General admin as required including maintenance of the HR System and ensuring employee details are correct
- Co-ordinate HR activities and initiatives
- Other reasonable tasks as required
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in an in-house recruitment role and direct sourcing of candidates an advantage
- Experience of managing low level employee relations case work
- Experience with Snowdrop-HR system an advantage
- CIPD level 5
Skills and Behaviours
- Able to communicate at all levels of the business
- Proficient in using Microsoft office
- Ability to multi task and prioritise with initiative
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven problem solving skills
- Exhibit personal honesty and integrity at all times
- Flexible approach to achieve results
- A real passion and enthusiasm for people
- Discretion to process confidential and sensitive information relating to applicants and employees