…for a fast-growing International company – UK based
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the world’s major wine producers: a successful and fast-growing Chilean family company with annual sales well in excess of 30 million bottles in over 90 countries worldwide.
You will be working very closely with the company’s Commercial Director in a fast-paced international wine sales and marketing environment, linking up with colleagues in Chile and supporting trade customers and business partners in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
You will be an “ambassador” for the company to different countries and cultures, so you must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with others whose formal English may be limited. For this, a facility with languages will be an advantage. You must also be logical, energetic, self-motivated, and flexible, have plenty of initiative, be willing to work hard, and learn fast on the job.
- Overseeing stock in the UK, two-way communication with customers, colleagues, and business partners by telephone and email
- Maintaining supplies into UK warehouses, prompting purchase orders, and updating product databases
- Coordinating packaging development, requesting and tracking product samples
- Maintaining a logical and accessible filing system so written communications and notes can easily be retrieved
- Providing administrative support to the Commercial Director as required including coordinating appointments with customers and scheduling travel arrangements
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to degree level, friendly and efficient, a good communicator, numerate and literate, an able administrator with an eye for detail, and a determination to see projects through accurately and thoroughly from start to finish. You will be working on several different projects of varying complexity at the same time, so you must be able to clearly prioritise tasks and meet sometimes very tight deadlines. Proficiency with Microsoft Office essential.
This role would accommodate flexible working patterns and may not suit everyone who meets all of the requirements listed above as you must be prepared to operate from your home base on a permanent basis and be self-employed for UK tax purposes. To carry out this role effectively requires close and regular contact with the Commercial Director, who works from his home near Reading.
Knowledge of and interest in wine is desirable but not essential; having visited Chile or another South American country could be an advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to Jo.Thompson@jtrltd.com.