Reaction Engines are a UK-based company formed in 1989 to design and develop the technologies needed for a new class of innovative hypersonic propulsion system – the Synergetic Air-Breathing Rocket Engine (SABRE™).
Our Applied Technologies team has been established to help businesses to unlock their full potential. By adapting the innovative heat exchange systems designed for SABRE and applying them to a wide range of commercial industries. From improving performance in motorsport, converting waste energy into renewable electricity, and supporting sustainable aviation.
Ready to join the team on their epic journey.
This is an exciting opportunity to mentor and develop a small team and work in a truly innovative world-class manufacturing environment. The hours are Monday to Thursday 0700 to 1615 (35 hours per week).
Reporting to the Assembly & Integration Manager and working alongside the engineering and design teams, the Senior Technician will pro-actively assist in the development, assembly, and testing of components and materials. Working with all areas of the manufacturing department, you will need to demonstrate a flexible approach between the machining and assembly areas.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Delivering projects on time and to the required standard
- Developing new techniques as required to achieve project goals
- Prioritising work to meet business needs
- Mentoring and developing junior members of the team
- Establish develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors, and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to company’s corporate objectives
Experience & Qualification Requirements:
- Understanding of materials and their various applications
- Broad background of Engineering processes and Techniques
- Proven track record of developing processes and procedures in a development environment
- Strong bench fitting and manual machining experience
- Lifting and Slinging techniques
- BTEC Technical Certificate
- Recognised Apprenticeship or equivalent time served experience
- Knowledge of vacuum systems
- Experience in Brazing techniques & equipment
- CNC Milling & Turning
- Ability to lead a small team
Skills & Behaviours:
- Being able to design and build test rigs and jigs for various applications
- Competent at solving technical problems that arise in a Research and Development environment
- Manual Milling and Turning
- Good bench fitting skills
- Ability to read technical drawings
- The ability to work both in a team and independently
- To ensure a safe work environment by adopting a clean and conscientious attitude when working
- Flexible and the willingness to travel to test sites
- Able to plan and organise your own workload
- Listen and learn from others with different skills and knowledge