Our client is a leader in the international forest products trade, headquartered in Boston, USA. It is a family-owned business and a subsidiary of the Kraft Group of Companies, with interests in sports and entertainment, real estate, paper & packaging, and forest product trading.
The company trades a diverse range of soft commodities across Europe, North America, South America, the Middle East, and Asia. They are a dynamic, entrepreneurial company, where every employee plays a pivotal role in supporting our business.
They actively seek to employ motivated people with the drive, intuition, and self-starting ability to take complete ownership of, and excel at, their responsibilities.
- Supporting the European Trade Director
- Processing and analysing all container information, checking for anomalies, inaccuracies and ensuring that material packed conforms to parameters set by the business
- Allocating stock for shipment according to order specifications
- Producing Management reports
- Streamlining and utilising reporting systems
- Liaising with shipping lines, logistics, and operational teams within South Africa, ensuring timely delivery of stock to port in order to meet vessel deadlines
- Working with shipping lines to create and amend bookings, ensuring maximum allocation is utilised where possible
- Submitting shipping instructions to shipping lines.
- Updating and send shipping schedules to customers and agents
- Investigating data discrepancies if claims are raised by customers
You will be an experienced administrator, ideally within a stock, sales, or shipping role, with the ability to plan ahead, proficiently operate IT systems to exact data, and produce meaningful reports, whilst utilising your innovative skills to implement work efficiencies. Your ability to communicate, build professional relationships, and deliver exceptional customer service will be paramount for success in this role.